What is Eczema?
Eczema is a condition where patches of skin become itchy,inflamed, cracked, red, and rough. Blisters may sometimes occur.
"Atopic dermatitis" is the most common type of eczema.It may start in infancy, later in childhood, or in adulthood. Once it gets underway, it tends not to go quickly away.
Symptoms of Eczema
- Very bad itching.
- Dark colored patches of skin.
- Dry, sensitive skin.
- Red, inflamed skin.
- Rough, leathery or scaly patches of skin.
- Areas of swelling
Facts about Eczema
- Eczema is not contagious :Eczema cannot be caught after getting in touch others.You can't catch eczema by coming in contact of other who have.
- Eczema runs in families: Eczema may be a genetic.If any member of your family have or had eczema,then major chance may be coming from there.
Cause of Eczema
The specific cause of eczema remains unknown, but it is believed to develop due to a combination of genetic and environmental factors.
Environmental facts except genetic that may be cause of eczema are..
- Some Allergen : Home Dust,your pets, pollen, mold, and dandruff can lead to eczema
- Irritants :Some Irritants like soaps, detergents, shampoos, disinfectants and some vegetable and food like juices from fresh fruits, meats, or vegetables.
- Microbes : This includes bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus, viruses, and certain fungi.
- Hot and cold temperatures : Usually we live in very hot or cold weather according to climate , high and low humidity, and perspiration from exercise can bring out eczema.
- Hormones: Women can be caught by Eczema at times when their hormone levels are changing, for example during pregnancy and at certain points in the menstrual cycle
- Stress: We cannot say that Stress may be cause of Eczema directly but indirectly it may be cause of Eczema Symptom.
- Foods:Some food products may be cause of Eczema like nuts, eggs and seeds, soy products, Dairy roducts,and wheat etc..
Some Prevention Tips for Eczema
- Moisturize your skin : To prevent from Eczema, Make sure apply moisturizing cream frequently and regularly.
- Take as many showers as you like : If you believe that shower make your skin hydrated then you should take showers two or three times in a day.
- Use a humidifier : Use room hitter in winter to make your room at normal temperature because in winter our skin become very dry that may be cause of Eczema.
- Reduce factors that trigger outbreaks : The outbreak of Eczema may show due to take some foods like Nuts,Dairy products, Wheat,eggs etc. and after come in contact of pets,pollen,molds,dust..
- Avoid scratching : Avoid any type of scratches related to your skin that may increase the chance of eczema.
- Wear clothing only made by cotton : Make sure the clothes you are wearing made by 100% cotton ,because cotton clothes are comfortable and skin hygienic.Don't wear clothes that are made by woolen,hemp.Avoid clothes that are skin irritants.
- Manage Your Stress : Any how you should manage your stress.You will never know how stress may be cause of eczema but indirectly it may be cause of eczema.
- Choose your skin care products carefully : You should choose skin care products prescribed by doctor,don't use skin care products like facewash,moisturizing cream chosen by yourself.
- Avoid Harmful Soap and Detergents : Don't use Soap,or Detergents that make your skin rough and that may be cause of eczema.